Friday, April 4, 2008

Friendship and Fabric

My dear forever friend gave me my very first blog award, and can you believe I actually figured out how to put it on here, and on my sidebar. Thank you Janet, from Lavendar Loft, for being my friend ALL THESE YEARS.
And this is my latest project. I had green lace and I really liked them but with summer almost here I wanted something to block out the hot afternoon sun. I'm very funny about window treatments, it takes me forever to make up my mind and then I seem to stay with the same thing until I'm really sick of it. Everything else in the house I would move or change every few months but not curtains. I always look at kitchen curtains when I go shopping and even if I find something I like I always talk myself out of it. Not so this past week, I found some cottage style, bought them, hung them, and did not like them....
took them down, got into my stash of material, and a few hours later, hung these. The only thing I do not like about them is I think I made them to long by about 3 inches. I'm considering raising the rod, but as I said, I'm considering it, that may take awhile. Good thing we live out in the country with no neighbors, the room we added on two years ago still has NOTHING at the windows. We have lived here since June of 2003 and the only windows that I have changed is our bedroom, well after all it only has one window. Well I'm off to work in the yard before it gets to hot, I'll take the camera out with me, you never know what you might see that is worth capturing.

1 comment:

Betzie said...

Hi Gail!
I'm like that too. I have had the same curtains for a long time. I do change my kitchen ones though from time to time. Your new ones look nice!