Thursday, September 20, 2007

Common and not so common

What a wonderful surprise this little beauty was. Why a surprise you might ask, the answer, I did not plant it. I did plant all of the other plants in the circle around this tree, however I did not plant this red one. I noticed the stems coming up and thought that it was strange as I did not recognize it but decided to leave it alone and see what might happen. Can you believe it has taken it three years to show up? Maybe I have little fairies coming in the night and planting? And the other beautiful thing I have to show you is this picture of a flower that someone sent to me.



Have you ever seen a flower like this before?
It really does look like a parrot...........



2 comments:

Betzie said...

Such an unexpected blessing...the best kind!
And that parrot flower...I have never seen one before. That is amazing, even the colors are spectacular. Thanks for sharing!

J C said...

Beautiful parrot flower, Gail. I have seen them before; had them on my blog a long time ago. I had planned to paint some, but never got around to it. Amazing flower, thanks for sharing!!

I tried to email you but it came back...musta changed. xoxoxo