Monday, March 10, 2008

Garden of Joy



In all of the preparation and rushing about I forgot my camera....and I'm so sorry I did as I know the pictures of the skit would have been good.
Everything went well. The skit was cute and VERY funny, I'll tell you more later.
Both meetings, Friday night and Saturday morning were straight from the throne room of God. The main words were PURPOSE and GIFTS. Do you know your purpose, are you living your purpose, and do you know what gifts God has placed with you and are you using them. I was very challenged in my thinking and stirred in my heart. It was just the boost I needed to move me into being a "doer" and not just a "hearer of the Word".
The skit is called "The Garden of Joy". It is about a little Petunia that got planted in an onion patch, and all she can do is cry. A few feet away is a flower bed with roses, sun flowers, and daisies in it. I was a rose, I asked, as did all the other flowers, "why are you crying", after hearing the complaints of living in a stinky onion patch, I explained how I had lived in a lot of places, even in the dessert but I never cried about it, I just bloomed. The sun flower said, " do as I do and turn your face towards the sun and He will dry your tears", pointing up and speaking of God. The daisy said, "people pick my petals all the time, saying he loves me, he loves me not, but I know He loves me so I don't cry". We all tell Petunia she can live with us, she says where, and we all say, In The Garden Of Joy. Then we all sing a little chorus :
Jesus, and others and you
What a wonderful way to spell JOY , repeat.
J is for Jesus- for he has first place
O is for others- we meet face to face
Y is for you- in whatever you do,
put yourself third and spell JOY. (the skit had more to it but for space and times sake I cut it)

2 comments:

Shop girl said...

Purpose is the gift, we are all here for a reason, but sometimes it is hard to know what our purpose is. I read the book Purpose Driven Life...and it gave me so much to think about.
I think that I am many things to many people, but I fear that I fall short of knowing what I should be or could be. I have done many different things that I am proud of, but I don't think that is what Purpose means...so I pray for understanding and hope that I matter in Gods plan.
Great read Gail, Thank You!

J C said...

The Garden of Joy is truly a wonderful place!