Monday, August 20, 2007

Blogging Sisters

I'm feeling a little nostalgic this morning. A dear sister sent me the following and I liked it so much I wanted to share it with all of my sisters in Blogland.

THIS SAYS IT ALL: Time passes. Life happens. Distance separates. Children grow up. Jobs come and go. Love waxes and wanes. Men don't do what they're supposed to do. Hearts break. Parents die. Colleagues forget favors. Careers end. BUT - Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girlfriend is never farther away than needing her. When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end. Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you, or come in and carry you out. Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, mothers, grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins and extended family all bless our life. When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead, nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still. Let all the women who help make your life meaningful know how much you care. The picture is of me, my mother, my grandmother, and my great grandmother. If you have your mother still here you are very BLESSED. All of these dear ladies have gone on and I hope to see them on the other side.A dear friend and sister in the Lord is going into surgery in about 30 minutes....they found cancer in one of her kidneys and they are going to remove it. Please be praying for her.

3 comments:

Janet said...

That is such a beautiful sentiment. And very true, too. The women in my life have been and are so very special to me....you included.

Love the photo!! How fantastic to have all four generations all together. Definitely a photo to be cherished.

Janet said...

Oops....forgot to say I'm sending good thoughts for your friend who's having surgery.

Susie said...

That a great photo to hold close to your heart. Reminds me of how much I miss my Mom and Grandma..
I'll say a prayer for your friends who's facing surgery.