Monday, May 19, 2008

The Source

As you know if you come here often, I do not say to much about what I believe and sometimes I think I have a really great thought about something someone has posted but again I try to refrain from putting in my two cents worth......as was the case last week. I never want to appear pushy or make the appearance that I think I "know it all". It seems that the more I think I have learned the more I find out there is to know. Last week Janet from the Lavender Loft did a post and asked many questions, mostly about artist, and some about knowing who we are, etc. . Then on a following post she said that Sherrie had been so inspired that she had done a whole post on these thoughts. I read her post and enjoyed what she had to say.

Sunday morning after spending some time in prayer I went to my computer to read a daily devotion, this one was from "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers.....a book that has been around for a long time. It so spoke to me and addressed some of the subjects that had come up, so I decided to share it. Hope you get something good out of what he had to say.
LIVING SIMPLY____YET FOCUSED
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin__they simply are!
Think of the sea, the air, the stars, and the moon____all of these simply are as well, yet what a ministry and service they render on our behalf. So often we impair God's designed influence, which He desires to exhibit through us, because of our own conscious efforts to be consistent and useful. Jesus said there is only one way to develop and grow spitritually, and that is through focusing and concentrating on God. In essence, Jesus was saying, "Do not worry about being of use to others; simply believe on Me." In other words, pay attention to the Source, and out of you "will flow rivers of living water" (John 7:38). We cannot discover the source of our natural life through common sense and reasoning, and Jesus is teaching here that growth in our spiritual life comes not from focusing directly on it, but from concentrating on our Father in heaven. Our heavenly Father knows our circumstances, and if we will stay focused on Him, instead of our circumstances, we will grow spiritually____just as the lilies of the field.
The people who influence us the most are not those who detain us with their continual talk, but those who live their lives like the stars in the sky and the lilies of the field___simply and unaffectedly. Those are the lives that mold and shape us.
If you want to be of use to God, maintain the proper relationship with Jesus Christ by staying focused on Him, and He will make use of you every minute you live__yet you will be unaware ,
on the conscious level of your life, that you are being used of Him.
LOOK AT THE BIRDS OF THE AIR.....CONSIDER THE LILIES OF THE FIELD
Matthew 6 : 26, -28

3 comments:

ChrisJ said...

Hi Gail: I know how you feel about being careful with your 'two cent's worth'. Have known and loved "My Utmost for His Highest" a long time. These things that mean so much to us can so easily offend some. Sad.

Shopgirl said...

Where are you Dear Gail? I have been gone forever....my server was giving us problems so we changed. So with that said, I had to change everything because I am not educated in the computer world.
I have missed you, and can hardly wait for you to post.
Hugs, Mary

Shopgirl said...

I have a new blog, same name different place. so you will need to click on this note to get my new URL. Hugs, Mary