Friday, June 29, 2007

You Won't See This in Mayo




These pictures were taken this month in the Keys.
Within a few days after our daughter returned home she and a friend saw this water spout, however
when they saw it, it was over land. Pretty scary for the folks that live there. You wouldn't think this would be any big deal after dealing with hurricanes. Of course these seem to come up out of nowhere, with no warning. Most of the time they stay out over the water. We have heard of them picking up big boats and whirling them around before sitting them back on the water.
Whatever name up put on these things, no one looks forward to hurricane season. I thought when I moved to north Florida (in land) I would not have to be concerned with it, but as long as we have family there you can believe we will be praying. God give us an uneventful hurricane season. Are you living on a coastal area ? If the "BIG ONE " comes, will you board up and leave? I hope so!
These pictures were sent to me by a friend in Marathon.

4 comments:

Cat said...

Oh my that looks scarry alright! Such power! Sometimes I am so thankful to live in the desert!

Blessings to you,
Cat

Linda said...

Hi Gail!! Those are unbelievable pictures. Kind of scarey. I'm praying for an uneventful season. We've had enough rain so far this summer to float an ark!!
Have a blessed weekend.

Susie said...

Hi Gail,
I've never seen anything even remotely like that! How scary to be in a boat on the water when that happens!

Kel said...

WOW !!! Those pictures are amazing. I've seen anything like that.