Saturday, February 9, 2008

Valentine Brooch

I have no clue why this background is this color....the paper I used was a pretty pale pink? I did not have time to try and re-do it as we have family coming in from Illinois on Tuesday morning and I have lots to do, cleaning and all of the other things that happen when you have company coming.
This is made of clay, not polymer just the regular kind that you bake. I made the heart before I bought some polymer clay. I finally made it to Michaels and caught a sale so I was able to get several colors, so far I have only made two kinds of beads. As soon as the kittens are gone and I get my craft room back I want to try some new clay projects. Anyway back to the brooch, the dear lady in the photo is my mother's mother. I laminated the photo. Painted the heart gold, then painted the front inside the trim, red. Glued the photo on, used some red glitter and some red trim around the outer edge, used some tiny flower stickers, then sealed it all with a clear coat of polish. This is going to our oldest daughter for a valentine.
If I don't have time to post again before next Thursday, HAPPY VALENTINES Day to you all.
and when it comes to love I would be amiss if I failed to say: "FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOSOEVER MIGHT BELIEVE IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. John 3:16
Now that is true LOVE !

4 comments:

Shop girl said...

Have a wonderful Valentines day and I will be waiting for you to get back to Blogland and me...tee-hee. Love, Mary
Love the pin!

ChrisJ said...

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God." (I think that's from 1 John but I must go to bed, so will have to look it up tomorrow). I get carried away when I take one last look at my blogging friends and the time flies. LOVE that beautiful flower valley scene!

Cat said...

Have a terrific visit with your family.

Very creative clay work!

Shop girl said...

can't wait to hear all you have done with your family. Hugs, Mary