Monday, December 11, 2006

from DREAD to DELIGHT

Here it is Monday already. What a busy day yesterday was. Church first thing,I love going to church. Yes I know you do not have to be "in church" to worship God. But, there is just something special going on when people that are of like faith all get together with one thing in mind, to worship the one true living God.When I leave to come home I am so charged up and excited to see what is going to happen next. Well guess what, the enemy of our soul is waiting and ready with his bag of tricks to try and steal your joy. When I arrived home I found my honey washing dishes, you might say, "so" ? Welllll, if you knew Lenny, HE DON'T DO DISHES, but then I don't work, anyway that's another story. I was informed that a couple he knew from the Keys, (where we moved from), were coming by to VISIT. Oh boy, dread began to set in. I did not know these people, the house was trashed, no food in the frig to offer and everything is closed, it's Sunday,you know,THE DAY OF REST. I didn't even bother to change clothes, I usually go back to church in the p.m. leaving the house about 5:30 as it is a 25 min. drive, and besides when they see me dressed up they will ask, "are you going somewhere" right? and I can say, "very matter of fact,"yes I am going to church at 5:30". After all of the introductions and the ice broke, she began to share how she was studying organic eating, hmmm, I've been thinking of this for sometime so I was very interested in what she had to say. I believe she new what she was talking about. She talked on and I listened, by now I am really liking this person.Her next topic, she wanted to talk about God.Why was I so surprised, when will I learn not to relinquish my joy so easily ? When I began to share some of my experiences she opened up and ask a ton of questions.Needless to say the time flew by,I was able to help a sister, made a new friend, and DREAD turned into DELIGHT.And yes I missed church, or did I ? THE JOY OF THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH Nehemiah, chapter 8, verse 10

No comments: