Sunday, December 31, 2006

Party Animal


You probably thought it was me, not hardly, I gave up drinking in 1976 when I met Jesus.

This is an old photo, 1982. I wish I could say our "Darlen", that was her name, was still with us but we lost her to bone cancer in 1990. We picked her from a litter of 10 when she was 5 weeks old. She was the best dog anyone could ever have, and we were blessed with her for 13 years. We have pictures of her with a hooded sweatshirt on, sunglasses, other hats, you name it she would let you dress her up in whatever. She loved our cats and would eat with them, sleep with them and hide in the bathtub when it stormed. She would let a treat sit on her nose and not move till the drool got so bad I could not stand it any longer and would tell her "go ahead" and she would toss it up in the air and catch it. One of our best stories to tell on her was the Thanksgiving when my husband, son, daughter and myself were just finishing a turkey dinner and we heard sirens outside, we ran out to see what it was, we were only out there about 5 min. when we came back in the whole turkey was GONE, not a bone in site and guess who was licking her chops! Needless to say no one got any sleep that night we were taking turns getting up to let her out. I could talk forever about her, maybe I'll post more pictures later. She was loved and we really miss her. If there is a doggy heaven I'm sure she is there. Happy New Year old girl.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone in Blogland. Be safe and be BLESSED.

2 comments:

Janet said...

We were party animals too. Ha! But we did stay up 'til after midnight. No biggie for me but it is for HB!
I don't remember this dog at all! I don't even remember you talking about her! Maybe I'm just getting senile!!

Nancy said...

Gail I love your dog picture. What great memories you have of your precious pet. It is amazing how our pets are like family members and they give us so much love. Thank you for sharing and have a Happy New Year!
Blessings,
Nancy