Friday, February 16, 2007

Flower & Fairies

I wanted to draw a flower this morning and after I finished it I thought, "how boring" so I added these little guys and my worm to add a little character, well I'm not sure that is the right word. I just can not get my fairies to look anything but comical !!! I need lessons, Sombra where are you ? HELP! Oh well I guess I'm stuck with funny looking fairies. You think they look funny you should have seen the mouse I tried to add. The fairy on the left was suppose to be a laughing mouse......believe me it was anything but funny. Why is it you can have such a clear picture in your head of what you want to depict but when the pen hits the paper it seldom comes out right? Maybe that is what art lesson are all about? Since I am relatively new at this maybe I will get better with time and practice...I sure hope so. Well I think I'll go work on that mouse, he is in my head and he really needs to come out. I'm not to sure how blogging has helped my art work but I do know it sure has helped my spelling LOL! Have a BLESSED day, and pass on some of those drawing tips. OK?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail, this is a wonderful piece. It comes from you form your own heart. I think that you have your own voice in Art. Every Artist should strive to be different, to find their own way of expressing themselves.
I have never taken an art lesson in my whole life and never really plan on it. I just try things and play with paints and pencils and see what unfolds. To me, your work is so natural and gentle. I am quite fond of it.
Practice is an important part of art...always experimenting, always trying different techniques. The pressure of a pencil, the lightness or darkness of a wash of paint...

Have a beautiful evening my friend...
:-)

Linda said...

Gail - the drawing is just wonderful. I love the little fairies. You do such lovely work.

Cat said...

Your drawing makes me feel like Spring! It is very refreshing and magical.