Saturday, February 3, 2007

Vacation picture


Lookout Mountain, Tn.
This is one of my favorite places to visit. I have been there several times. This trip was one of the best as I went with my sweetie. He was so good about it all. I mean I like to do the trails, bridges, lookout points, the caves, Ruby Falls, I like it all and he, well it was our anniversary ssoooo!
I like the spring best as everything is turning green and there is a lot of wild flowers. I took my mother in 84, we stopped on the way back to her place in Illinois
She had spent the winter with us in the Keys, when we lived in Big Pine Key. I knew she was afraid of heights, but I didn't know how afraid she really was. I was so sure the beauty of it all would overshadow the fear.....NOT. I guess my first clue should have been how white her face turned as we were ascending the side of the mountain. She was a real trooper though and stuck it out. When we left and finally got on level ground she said she really was glad she had gone but once was enough for her.
She went home to glory in the spring of the next year. April 25, 1985. Love and miss you mom.

2 comments:

Susie said...

The views must have been stunning. Your Mom was a brave lady.
How wonderful you have this memory of doing something like this together
:)

Beth said...

Hey, you weren't too far away from me when you were on Lookout Mt., I live close to Nashville! I also love the Keys, I would love to live there all the time.