Friday, October 23, 2009

Childhood Toys

Oct 23....What a special date !
My eldest daughter and my youngest granddaughter share this birth date. So I must take the time to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both my girls.
These pages were a lot of fun for me as they reflect some of the things in my childhood that made me happy. First when I was real small my grandfather built me a rocking horse chair, it looked a little like the one I painted. My favorite book when I first learned to read was this little Golden Book about the kittens that could paint. Maybe some seeds were planted there. I never had a doll house but always wanted one. As I got older I had a new bike that I was afraid to ride so my father gave it to my cousins. I spent the summer with them and they taught me how to ride "their bike". I think I was the most pleased when I received my roller skates and case. Somewhere in all of that came the paper dolls. My friend Janet, (you all know her from the Lavender Loft) and I spent hours upon hours drawing them. So as not to be denied, I think I now have more toys than I did when I was a child. Isn't being "older" just so much fun?

2 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

You certainly have fun with these scrapbook pages. Such talent. Quite lovely! Keep up the good work. (I see my buzzard . . . he looks so much better on your artistic page than he did in my gardens.) : D

So much joy and beauty spread across your blog. I love coming for a dip in the Rivers Living.

XO ~~ Debbie

Shopgirl said...

I am so happy you are sharing these pages, I think this one is extra special too.
Your, Mary