Monday, October 12, 2009

Pioneer Day 2009

Pioneer Day in the Mayo park in downtown Mayo. With it being the first part of Oct. you would think it would be a nice day with the sun shinning, but it was in the 90's, can you say HOT ! There were different bands and a lot of food booths, a few rides, several crafters and lots of people. That is honey riding on the gradall, his boss is driving. I did not take pictures of the log truck, or the milk truck, or the "mud bog" truck, I know you are sad and sorry to have missed those!!!!!! You must remember where I live. There were no pretty floats and only a high school band but there you have it. And can you believe they do this EVERY YEAR?



Tomorrow I will try to post some more old photos or post cards for you to copy and hopefully two more pages in my art journal. Hope you are having a great Columbus Day and for those that have to work, maybe a day off.





1 comment:

Janet said...

It looks like there was a pretty big crowd even if it was hot. Sorry I missed out on the mud bog truck!!